All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1970 the SAS was called in to support the Sultan of Oman's armed forces in their bitter struggle against a Communist-backed insurrection. The task in hand was t to obliterate the enemy, for these were the Sultan's subjects, but to persuade the rebels to join the Omani government's side, as well as encouraging the independently-minded peoples of the Jebel Dhofar to abandon their support for the insurgents. If necessary, these objectives were to be achieved by demonstrating that the insurgents could never win the armed struggle. This is the gripping story of the part played in the conflict by the men and squadrons of the 22nd Special Air Service Regiment, the first full SAS squadron in the region. Written by the man who commanded that unit and who successfully raised the first bands of Dhofari irregulars to fight for the Sultan, SAS: Secret War provides a unique and personal insight into what was to become one of the most successful counter-insurgency campaigns of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Tony Jeapes
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrontline Books
- Content NoteCentral 8-page plate section.
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.