All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe SCM Core Texts are a collection of textbooks designed to help undergraduates at level two and three navigate their way through a variety of subjects. Covering philosophy of religion, religious studies, biblical studies and theology, they aim to offer students an intelligent helping hand in their core areas of study. Each book is designed individually and places an emphasis on pedagogical tools to aid the learner. These tools vary according to suitability across the subjects covered, but include features such as questions for reflection at the end of chapters, textboxes to further explain concepts or provide examples, some web-based materials on companion web-sites which are freely accessible. The textbooks are intended to be used as core reading on undergraduate courses, and as companions to assist lecturers in their classrooms and are all available on the SCM inspection copy scheme. Spiritual encounters and the problems raised by evil and suffering are the experiences that affect our religious beliefs most powerfully. In this far-reaching textbook on the philosophical study of religion Gwen Griffith-Dickson fills a gap in the market by considering these questions in the context of the world's many religions and philosophical traditions, giving attention to Continental European and Eastern philosophy as well as to Anglo-American thinking. This is the only textbook of its kind to offer the reader such a wide and inclusive overview of contemporary philosophical study of religions.
- Author BiographyGwen Griffith-Dickson is Head of the Centre for the Interdisciplinary Study of Religion, Faculty of Continuing Education, Birkbeck University of London.
- Author(s)Gwen Griffith Dickson
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2005
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleSCM Core Text
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.