All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an introductory textbook looking at the twelve major world religious traditions. Each religion is considered in three equal parts: its history, beliefs and practices. In an introductory book such as this, only a broad description is given, and it will undoubtedly apply more to the majority tradition than a small subgroup within it. However the book is written with subgroups and further subdivisions in mind, and aims to be as inclusive as possible in its descriptions of histories, beliefs and practices. The book is designed with the undergraduate in mind, and presents a clear and condensed portrait of the major traditions whilst giving a sense of the importance and scope of religion in the human experience. Each chapter follows a consistent format for ease of use. The pages are laid out with boxed features on the right side of right-facing pages which provide short summaries of the major features of each religion; these are designed as quick study aids and a fast entry into the world of religious traditions.
- Author BiographyTom Robinson is Professor of Religious Studies at the University of Lethbridge, Alberta. He is author of The Early Church: An Annotated Bibliography of Literature in English and Mastering Greek Vocabulary, and is also editor of Early Christian Reader. Dr Hillary Rodrigues has travelled and taught extensively in both alternative and conventional educational settings, and received a Distinguished Teaching Award in 2000. He has served as Chair of the Anthropology Department of the University of Lethbridge.
- Author(s)Hillary Rodriguez,Tom Robinson
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication25/05/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleSCM Core Text
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight492 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.