All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe SCM Studyguide to Theological Reflection fills a gap in the market by providing an accessible guide to the subject for all who embark on it for the first time. The book offers newcomers a step by step introduction to understanding what theological reflection is and helps them to explore which of the methods introduced best suits them and their particular situation. It is practical in emphasis, providing students with a wide variety of worked examples and opportunities to carry out their own exercises.Providing students with examples of reflective practice in other areas of life and other professions, such as healthcare, helps to clarify and explain the practice of theological ways of reflection, as bringing to bear on everyday practical decisions of ministry, the resources of one's own Christian faith and understanding. This title moves on from definitions and methods for developing one's own model of practice with a shift in focus from using Theological Reflection as a model for pastoral practice to placing it in the wider context of the arts and the wider world.
- Author BiographyJudith Thompson is Chaplain at Worcestershire Royal Hospital and former Director of Pastoral Studies at St Michael's College, Llandaff. Stephen Pattison is Professor of Religion, Ethics and Practice at the University of Birmingham. Ross Thompson is a freelance writer in theology and ethics.
- Author(s)Judith Thompson,Ross Thompson,Stephen Pattison
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication29/08/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleSCM Study Guide
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width172 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.