Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing in the best traditions of German ingenuity in design and construction of armoured vehicles, the SdKfz 251 firmly realised the concept of a competent cross-country tactical vehicle for armoured infantry units. So successful was this half-track that t only did a modified version of it remain in use with Czech forces well into the 1980s but also, ironically, the armoured infantry tactics that the Germans pioneered with it were adopted by Allied forces in the Second World War and helped them to achieve the eventual defeat of Germany. This book covers the genesis and development of the SdKfz 251, and details the numerous modifications and variations that sprang from combat experience.
- Author BiographyBruce Culver, born in 1940, was for many years a professional medical illustrator, while still pursuing his interest in the history of Second World War armoured vehicles and colour scheme practices. He has been an active member of IPMS USA, and is probably best known for his highly praised books Panzer Colours and Panzer Colours 2. He has contributed to numerous Osprey titles over the years, chiefly dealing with military vehicles.
- Author(s)Bruce Culver
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/11/1998
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.25
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note48ill.(8col.).
- Weight191 g
- Width182 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jim Laurier
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.