All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe performance of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) has been a subject of continual interest to both researchers and practitioners. This enlightening book investigates the pitfalls which have affected the assessment of SME performance in much of the past research. In this book, John Watson dispels a number of myths that have become part of the SME landscape - including that SMEs suffer from excessively high failure rates; that female-owned SMEs under-perform male-owned SMEs; and that SME growth (particularly for female-controlled SMEs) is severely limited by a lack of external funding. Making extensive use of both cross-sectional and longitudinal data, this book will appeal to research students interested in entrepreneurship and SMEs, teachers of entrepreneurship courses and policymakers. Advisors to the SME sector will also find that the material presented provides them with a good background understanding of performance in this sector.
- Author(s)John Watson
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2010
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.