All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionSPSS Explained provides the student with all that they need to undertake statistical analysis using SPSS. It combines a step-by-step approach to each procedure with easy to follow screenshots at each stage of the process. A number of other helpful features are provided: * regular advice boxes with tips specific to each test * explanations divided into 'essential' and 'advanced' sections to suit readers at different levels * frequently asked questions at the end of each chapter. The first edition of this popular book has been fully updated for IBM SPSS version 21 and also includes: * chapters that explain bootstrapping and how this is used * an introduction to binary logistic regression * coverage of new features such as Chart Builder. Presented in full colour and with a fresh, reader-friendly layout, this fully updated new edition also comes with a companion website featuring an array of supplementary resources for students. The authors have many years of experience in teaching SPSS to students from a wide range of disciplines. Their understanding of SPSS users' concerns, as well as a kwledge of the type of questions students ask, form the foundation of this book. Minimal prior kwledge is assumed, so the book is well designed for the vice user, but it will also be a useful reference source for those developing their own expertise in SPSS. It is suitable for all students who need to do statistical analysis using SPSS in various departments including Psychology, Social Science, Business Studies, Nursing, Education, Health and Sport Science, Communication and Media, Geography, and Biology.
- Author BiographyPerry R. Hinton, a psychologist, has worked for over twenty-five years in four universities in the UK, in positions ranging from lecturer to Head of Department. He has taught in the areas of cognitive and social psychology, and research methods and statistics, primarily to psychology and communication and media students; but also to a wide range of students studying nursing, social work, linguistics, philosophy and education. He has written four textbooks and edited the Psychology Focus series for Routledge. Isabella McMurray is a senior lecturer in psychology at the University of Bedfordshire, UK. She has taught in a range of areas, primarily within psychology, including developmental psychology and qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis. She undertakes consultancy and training in research methods and analysis with local authorities and charities, including working with social workers, probation services, education services and road safety teams. Charlotte Brownlow is a lecturer in psychology at the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. She has taught in a range of areas, primarily within psychology, including developmental and social psychology and qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Author(s)Charlotte Brownlow,Isabella McMurray,Perry R. Hinton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note499 colour illustrations, 12 colour tables, 492 colour illustrations, 7 colour line drawings
- Weight996 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.