Sabert Basescu: Selected Papers on Human Nature and Psychoanalysis by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $65.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn influential part of the New York psychoanalytic scene for more than 50 years, Sabert Sabe Basescu is regarded as an outstanding analyst and a significant proponent of the integration of existentialism and phemelogy into psychoanalytic theory and practice. Existential themes serve as a central hub, a crossroads or meeting place for a variety of contemporary psychoanalytic approaches. Basescu was ahead of his time in anticipating these current trends - his teaching and writing were significant in the genesis of the relational turn as well as the ongoing development of the interpersonal tradition, thus it seems fitting that contemporary analysts remember him w. To that end, this book comprises a selection of seven of Sabe's articles, written across his career and exploring such issues as self-disclosure in the therapy session, the origins of creativity, and even his own anxieties as an analyst. Preceding each original paper is a thoughtful commentary by a different member of the contemporary psychoanalytic community, providing theoretical and clinical as well as personal context for Sabe's work. Opening with an introduction that contextualizes the existential and phemelogical influences in psychoanalysis and closing with a heartfelt afterword by Sabe's wife, this book is a fitting tribute to a man who is kwn for his warm, engaging demear even through the misfortunes of his elder years, and whose legacy in the field still resonates through contemporary voices.
- Author BiographyGeorge Goldstein, Ph.D., is on the faculties of the NYU Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis, the Gordon Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies, Adelphi University, and the Suffolk Institute for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis. The Former Director of the Westchester Center for the Study of Psychoanalysis, he has a private practice in Larchmont and Great Neck, New York. Helen Golden, Ph.D., is faculty and supervisor at the Westchester Center for the Study of Psychoherapy and Psychoanalysis.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleRelational Perspectives Book Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byGeorge Goldstein,Helen Golden
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.