Sacred Fire: A Vision for Deeper Christian and Human Maturity by Ronald Rolheiser (CD-Audio, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeloved author Ronald Rolheiser continues his search for an accessible and penetrating Christian spirituality in this highly anticipated follow-up to the contemporary classic, The Holy Longing. With his trademark acuity, wit, and thoughtfulness, Rolheiser shows how identifying and embracing discipleship will lead to new heights of spiritual awareness and maturity. He takes us on a journey through the dark night of the senses and of the spirit. Here, we experience the full gamut of human life, pleasure and fervor, disillusionment and boredom. But, as Rolheiser explains, when we embrace the struggle and yearning to kw God, we can experience too a profound re-understanding of our daily lives. What lies beyond the essentials, the basics? Rolheiser writes. Where do we go once some of the basic questions in our lives have been answered, or at least brought to eugh peace that our focus can shift away from ourselves to others? Where do we go once the basic questions in our lives are longer the restless questions of youthful insecurity and loneliness? Who am I? Who loves me? How will my life turn out? Where do we go once the basic question in life becomes: How can I give my life away more purely, and more meaningfully? How do I live beyond my own heartaches, headaches, and obsessions so as to help make other peoples lives more meaningful? As the poet Rainer Maria Rilke suggests, Live the questions w. In Sacred Fire, Rolheiser s deeply affecting prose urges us on in pursuit of the most holy of all passions a deep and lasting intimacy with God.
- Author BiographyRonald Rolheiser is the president of the Oblate School of Theology in San Antonio, Texas, and a specialist in the fields of spirituality and systematic theology. His regular column in the Catholic Herald is featured in newspapers in five different countries. He is the author of The Holy Longing: The Search for a Christian Spirituality, Forgotten Among the Lilies: Learning to Love Beyond Our Fears, and Prayer: Our Deepest Longing, and is a popular international speaker and workshop presenter.
- Author(s)Ronald Rolheiser
- PublisherFranciscan Media
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFranciscan Media
- Weight136 g
- Width137 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byAl Hirt
- Contained items statement12 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time720
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.19New
- AU $24.80New
- AU $31.50New
- AU $14.52New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $38.88Trending at AU $47.27
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.20
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $36.91
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $17.42Trending at AU $20.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.