All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text explores the fascinating centuries old tradition of sak yan tattoos, tracing the spiritual art form from Thailand back to its roots in Cambodia and India.
- Author BiographyJoe Cummings first came to Thailand in 1977 and two years later begin researching Southeast Asian art history for a master's degree at the University of California at Berkeley. He has written more than 30 guidebooks on countries in Asia and North America, and authored several books on Buddhist archaeology, Thai design and other related topics, including Buddhist Temples of Thailand, Buddhist Stupas in Asia, Lanna Renaissance, Burmese Design and Architecture and Chiang Mai Style. Dan White is a British photographer who has spent two decades specializing in South and South East Asia. Formerly based in Paris and then London, he is now based in Bangkok Thailand. He did pioneering work on India, particularly on the complex world of Hindu ascetics and also in Cambodia celebrating the end of war. Publications include: The Times, Der Speigel, Marie Claire, The Observer and The South China Morning Post.
- Author(s)Dan White,Joe Cummings
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1202 g
- Width263 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.