All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, which gathers seventeen contributions, investigates some lexical and textual aspects in the 'sacred texts' - like the Bible in its several textual traditions, and the Qur'an -, particulary those elements that serve to provide the textual structure with a lexical-semantic framework. These contributions have been focused on several linguistic aspects: etymologies, loanwords, the symbolic or figurative values of the terms used in the text, the syntagmatic potential of the words, and the literary reflection of the terms like the basic reading of the text and its subsequent comprehension.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Juan Pedro Monferrer-Sala (Ph.D., University of Granada) and Angel Urban (Ph.D., Complutense University, Madrid) are respectively Professors of Arabic and Greek in the University of Cordoba.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- Series TitleStudien Zur Romanischen Sprachwissenschaft Und Interkulturellen Kommunikation
- Series Part/Volume Number57
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetables
- Weight600 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAngel Urban,Juan Pedro Monferrer-Sala
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.