All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionRalph Yarrow's Sacred Theatre identifies and explores the sacred as both an element in theatre and in consciousness in general.The contributors' awareness of the terms' 'sacred' and 'performance' innate ambiguity provides an animated discussion of their relationship, including a variety of differing critical responses to an array of plays, texts and performances. The book examines t only the structural understandings and functions of the sacred in theatre, but also experimental and personal experiences. Sacred Theatre examines both theatrical and more multi-disciplinary approaches to the sacred, offering stimulation for discussion within performance and theatre teaching.It is an edited volume; next title in the Theatre & Consciousness series. It studies the tion of the sacred in relation to theatre, performance and production. It offers a comprehensive selection of multidisciplinary angles, theories and philosophy, including sociology, anthropology and critical theory.
- Author BiographyRalph Yarrow has a long track-record of exploring links between performance and consciousness, as a teacher, director and writer, based at the University of East Anglia (Norwich, UK), where he is Professor of Drama, but also operates in a variety of linguistic and geographic contexts.
- Author(s)Ralph Yarrow
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Weight386 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.