All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSacrifice is a play is based on the tradition of worshipping the Hindus Goddess Kali. It's a lyrical play written in blank verse. The dramatic conflict in the play is provided by meaningless superstition of religious rituals and blind allegiance to age old customs on one side, and the eternal truth of humanism and instinctive kwledge of eternal good on the other. The scenes of these plays are laid in India with native characters. The underlying motive of each is the seeking of the real amid the unreal, whether love as it appeared to the awaked senses of the ascetic; or the vision of the soul, piercing the shams of the priest to the perception of Deity.
- Author BiographyWritten and translated by the author-Rabindranath Tagore (7 May 1861-7 August 1941), was a Bengali polymath who reshaped his region's literature and music. Author of Gitanjali and its 'profoundly sensitive, fresh and beautiful verse', he became the first non-European Nobel laureate by earning the 1913 Prize in Literature.
- Author(s)Rabindranath Tagore
- PublisherNiyogi Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintNiyogi Books
- Weight65 g
- Width127 mm
- Height177 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.