Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $30.09
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $37.39
About this product
- DescriptionElir Carlisle and Roddy Welman are the model English couple, perfect companions set for a life of ease when they inherit Aunt Laura's considerable fortune. But a poison pen letter begins a chain of events which is to end in tragedy. Convinced that Mary Gerrard, a childhood playmate of Elir's, is attempting to ingratiate herself with her aunt for financial gain, the pair travel to the family home to investigate. They find evidence but Roddy falls desperately in love with the beautiful Mary, little realising that beneath Elir's restrained and unemotional exterior lies an almost obsessive passion for him. Elir obeys her aunt's deathbed wish despite her heartbreak, and gives Mary a large bequest from the estate. But when Mary is found poisoned, the evidence against Elir is damning. It's up to Hercule Poirot to find out if the case is as simple as it seems...2 CDs. 2 hrs 15 mins.
- Author BiographyAgatha Christie was born in 1890. During the World War I she worked as a hospital dispenser, where she gleaned the working knowledge of various poisons. Her first novel was The Mysterious Affair at Styles, published in 1920, followed over the next six years by four more detective novels and a short story collection. However, it was not until the publication of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd that Agatha Christie s reputation was firmly established. In 1930 the sharp-witted spinster sleuth Miss Marple made her first appearance in Murder at the Vicarage. In all, Agatha Christie published 80 crime novels and short story collections. As her play The Mousetrap (the longest-running play in the history of the theater) testifies, Agatha Christie s detective stories are likely to appeal for a long time to come. Agatha Christie was awarded a CBE in 1956 and was made a Dame of the British Empire in 1971. She died in 1976.
- Author(s)Agatha Christie
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication19/07/2004
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight68 g
- Width140 mm
- Height124 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Read byFull Cast,John Moffatt
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time135
- Edition Statementabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.