All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis glossary is designed to serve as an excellent study guide to the busy student or clinician who requires a quick and ready reference to both classical and invative terms in the psychiatric and psychological literature. It also will be useful to mental health professionals, scientific writers, nurses, members of the legal profession, and others who need to be kwledgeable of terms used by psychiatrists and psychologists. Over 2,000 psychiatry and psychology terms are defined clearly and consistently. Includes major classes of drugs used in psychiatry and commonly abused drugs. Includes definitions of all major mental disorders including those listed in the Diagstic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).
- Author BiographyBENJAMIN JAMES SADOCK, M.D., is the Menas S. Gregory Professor of Psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry at the New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. Dr. Sadock is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and served as associate examiner for the board for more than a decade. He is a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, a Fellow of the New York Academy of Medicine, and a member of Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. In 1985, he received the Academic Achievement Award from New York Medical College and was appointed Faculty Scholar at NYU School of Medicine in 2000. He is the author or editor of more than 100 publications (including over 50 books), a reviewer for psychiatric journals, and lectures on a broad range of topics in general psychiatry. Dr. Sadock maintains a private practice for diagnostic consultation and treatment of adult mental disorders. VIRGINIA ALCOTT SADOCK, M.D., is currently professor of psychiatry and attending psychiatrist at the Tisch Hospital and Bellevue Hospital. She is director of the Program in Human Sexuality at the NYU Langone Medical Center, one of the largest treatment and training programs of its kind in the United States. She has long been interested in the role of women in medicine and psychiatry and was a founder of the Committee on Women in Psychiatry of the New York County District Branch of the American Psychiatric Association. She has chaired the Committee on Public Relations of the New York County District Branch of the American Psychiatric Association, has been a regional council member of the American Association of Sex Education Counselors and Therapists, a founding member of the Society of Sex Therapy and Research, and is president of the NYU Alumni Association of Sex Therapists. She is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, a Fellow of the New York Academy of Medicine, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. She maintains an active practice that includes individual psychotherapy, couples and marital therapy, sex therapy, and psychiatric consultation.
- Author(s)Benjamin J Sadock MD,Virginia A Sadock MD
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.