All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSafe Passages brings together the latest information on the emerging science of road ecology as it relates to mitigating interactions between roads and wildlife. This practical handbook of tools and examples is designed to assist individuals and organizations reduce road-wildlife impacts. Detailed case studies span a range of scales, from site-specific wildlife crossing structures, to statewide planning for habitat connectivity, to national legislation. Contributors explore the cooperative efforts that are emerging as a result of diverse organizations - including transportation agencies, land and wildlife management agencies, and ngovernmental organizations - finding common ground to tackle important road ecology issues and problems.
- Author BiographyJon P. Beckmann is an associate conservation scientist for the Wildlife Conservation Society and an affiliated professor at Idaho State University. Anthony P. Clevenger is a senior wildlife research scientist at the Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University. Marcel P. Huijser is a research road ecologist at the Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University. Jodi A. Hilty is director of the Wildlife Conservation Society's North America Program.
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures, charts
- Weight567 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnthony P. Clevenger,Jodi A. Hilty,Jon P. Beckmann,Marcel P. Huijser
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.