All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlay is important for cognitive, emotional, and physical development of children. Use the four components experts have identified for safety:* Supervision by appropriate individuals* Age-appropriate design* Fall-surfacing that contains approved materials* Equipment maintenance This handbook is what you need to create pleasing and challenging playgrounds that are safe, but t boring.
- Author BiographyHeather M. Olsen, EdD, executive director of the National Program for Playground Safety has spent her professional career providing education and training for safe and engaging playgrounds across the country. Dr. Olsen is also a professor at the University of Northern Iowa in the College of Education, USA. Susan D. Hudson, PhD, has been an educator, consultant, and practitioner in the field of leisure, youth and human services for over 39 years. She is a McElroy Professor, one of only three such endowed professorships in the country, and the former Education Director for the National Program for Playground Safety. Donna Thompson, PhD, founded the National Program for Playground Safety and established the NPPS SAFE program for playground safety used by many organizations today. Dr. Thompson has been a professor at the University of Northern Iowa, USA for over 35 years and continues to educate educators, caregivers, and others on playground design and safety.
- Author(s)Donna Thompson,Heather M. Olsen,Susan D. Hudson
- PublisherRedleaf Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSt Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRedleaf Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.