All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionWorking to safeguard adults is a complex area of practice that requires careful balancing of automy, protection and risk. In order to make good, lawful judgements about when and how to intervene, practitioners therefore need to have a comprehensive understanding of how the law applies to safeguarding adults. In this book Alison Brammer brings together the many strands of adult safeguarding to provide a succinct guide to the legal framework. Designed to equip practitioners with the relevant kwledge for practice, it lays out the current legislation and guidance and applies it to different areas of adult safeguarding, including defining 'abuse', assessing capacity and dealing with cases of criminal law. The book goes on to analyse key examples of serious case reviews, including the cases of Steve Hoskin and Michael Gilbert. The text is supported by a range of invative features and boxed information to aid learning and stimulate reflection: - Key Case Analysis boxes summarize the details of particular legal cases and outline the implications for social work practice - Practice Focus boxes apply legal principles and processes to practice through the use of social work scenarios - On-The-Spot Questions reinforce understanding and encourage critical reflection Alison Brammer is a qualified solicitor with specialist experience working in Social Services, including child protection, adoption, mental health and community care. She coordinates the MA in Adult Safeguarding and the MA in Child Care Law and Practice at Keele University, UK.
- Author BiographyAlison Brammer is a solicitor and Senior Lecturer in the Department of Law, Keele University, UK. Her specialist interests are Social Work Law; Family and Child Law; Law and Vulnerable Adults; and Adult Protection. Alison is heavily involved with training work with Social Services Departments, is Director of the MA courses in Safeguarding Adults and Child Care Law and Practice at Keele University and is Legal Editor of the Journal of Adult Protection.
- Author(s)Alison K. Brammer
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFocus on Social Work Law
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight237 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.