All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is concerned with the current state of affairs of the German-American relationship, the causes and sources of existing discontent, and opportunities for safeguarding the future of transatlantic relations. The chapters analyze domestic and foreign policies, political cultures, and compare trends in business relations, migration, culture, education, journalism, law, and religion. The book promotes a new understanding and valuation of commonalties and differences of basic values, national interests, and societal priorities in both nations.
- Author BiographyHermann Kurthen is associate professor of sociology at Grand Valley State University. His publications in English include:Immigration, Citizenship, and the Welfare State in Germany and the United States (JAI, 1998). Antonio V. Menendez-Alarcon is associate professor of sociology at Butler University. He is the author ofThe Cultural Realm of European Integration (Greenwood, 2004) andPower and Television in Latin America (Westport, 1992). Stefan Immerfall is professor of sociology at Schwabisch Gmund University. His publications in English include:The New Politics of the Right (St. Martin's, 1998) andTerritoriality in the Globalizing Society (Springer, 1998).
- Author(s)Antonio V. Menendez-Alarcon,Hermann Kurthen,Stefan Immerfall
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication06/11/2006
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.