All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost scandals about or inquiries into the abuse of older people in health and social care settings fail to address - much less challenge - the social, ecomic and cultural contexts in which it is allowed to take place. This book provides this much-needed challenge, illustrating the ways in which ageism, lack of resources, target-driven policy and organisational cultures of blame and scapegoating facilitate elder abuse. It argues for the development of ethically driven, research-informed policies and practices.
- Author BiographyAngie Ash runs the UK health and social care research consultancy, Angela Ash Associates (www.ashassociates.co.uk), and is a registered social worker. Angie's career has spanned university-based social research, social work practice, charity sector management, research and management consultancy to government, charities and businesses. Most recently, she has held research fellowships at the University of Bristol and Swansea University.
- Author(s)Angie Ash
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication05/10/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.