All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSafety and Risk Modeling presents the latest theories and methods of safety and risk with an emphasis on safety and risk in modeling. It covers applications in several areas including transportations and security risk assessments, as well as applications related to current topics in safety and risk. Safety and Risk Modeling is a valuable resource for understanding the latest developments in both qualitative and quantitative methods of safety and risk analysis and their applications in operating environments. Each chapter has been written by active researchers or experienced practitioners to bridge the gap between theory and practice and to trigger new research challenges in safety and risk. Topics include: safety engineering, system maintenance, safety in design, failure analysis, and risk concept and modelling. Postgraduate students, researchers, and practitioners in many fields of engineering, operations research, management, and statistics will find Safety and Risk Modeling a state-of-the-art survey of reliability and quality in design and practice.
- Author BiographyDr. Hoang Pham is Professor and Chair of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Rutgers University, New Jersey. Before joining Rutgers, he was a senior engineering specialist at the Boeing Company, Seattle, and the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory, Idaho Falls. His research interests include system reliability modeling, maintenance, software reliability, probabilistic risk assessment, and environmental risk assessment. Dr. Pham has delivered over 20 conference keynotes and plenary speeches. Dr. Pham is the author or coauthor of 6 books including Software Reliability Assessment with OR Applications (Springer, 2011), Maintenance for Industrial Systems (Springer, 2010), System Software Reliability (Springer, 2006), Reliability and Optimal Maintenance (Springer, 2006) and Software Reliability (Springer, 2000). He is also the editor of the Handbook of Reliability Engineering (Springer, 2003) and the Springer Handbook of Engineering Statistics (Springer, 2006). He is the editor of the Springer Series in Reliability and has published over 200 journal articles, conference papers and book chapters. Dr. Pham is the editor of 10 books and 25 conference proceedings. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering, Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, and a guest editor of many special issues of journals including IEEE Transactions. Dr. Pham is an editorial board member of over a dozen international journals. He also has been Conference Chair and Program Chair of over 30 international conferences. Dr. Pham has received numerous awards. His recent awards include Engineer of the Year Award for 2009 from the IEEE Reliability Society, the 2009 International Award from the Society for Reliability Engineering, Quality and Operational Management, the 2009 William A.J. Golomski Award from the IIE, and the 2010 International Leadership Award from the Computer Society of India. He is a Fellow of the IEEE. Dr. Pham received a B.S. in Mathematics and a B.S. in Computer Science, both with high honors, from Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago. He received his M.S. in Statistics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and an M.S. and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Reliability Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note42 black & white tables, biography
- Weight824 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byHoang Pham
- Edition Statement2011
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.