All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1985. Benji, the son of a lawyer and a doctor, is one of the only black kids at an elite prep school in Manhattan. He spends much of the year going to roller disco bar mitzvahs and trying desperately to find a social group that will accept him. But every summer, Benji and his brother Reggie escape to Sag Harbor on Long Island, where a small community of African-American professionals have built a world of their own. Except Benji is just as confused about this all-black refuge as he is about the white world he negotiates during the school year. He's one step behind on every new dance, and his attempts to meet a girl are undermined by his own awkwardness, t to mention his braces and his father-cut Afro. Sag Harbor is a warm and funny vel about the perpetual mortification of teenage existence from one of the most acclaimed writers in the English language.
- Author BiographyColson Whitehead is the author of The Intuitionist, a finalist for the PEN/Hemingway Award; John Henry Days, a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Pulitzer Prize; and The Colossus of New York and Apex Hides the Hurt, both New York Times Notable Books of the Year.
- Author(s)Colson Whitehead
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Weight319 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.00Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.