All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionViking longships and magic amulets. Shape-shifting elves, warrior princes and fire-breathing dragons. Welcome to the epic poetry of the North Atlantic. Welcome to THE SAGAS! Saga Six Pack brings together six classic sagas: Beowulf The Prose Edda The Story Of Gunnlaug The Worm-Tongue and Raven The Skald Eric The Red The Sea Fight Sigurd The Volsung Each text has been newly revised and optimized for the digital age. In addition to these six master works, there is also an original essay, 'What The Sagas Were' by Jennie Hall.
- Author BiographySnorri Sturluson (1179-1241) was an Icelandic historian, poet, and politician. He was elected twice as a law-speaker at the Icelandic parliament, the Althing. He was the author of the Prose Edda or Younger Edda, which consists of Gylfaginning ( the fooling of Gylfi ), a narrative of Norse mythology, the Skaldskaparmal, a book of poetic language, and the Hattatal, a list of verse forms. William Morris (1834-1896) was an English textile designer, poet, novelist, translator, and socialist activist. Associated with the British Arts and Crafts Movement, he was a major contributor to the revival of traditional British textile arts and methods of production. His literary contributions helped to establish the modern fantasy genre, while he played a significant role in propagating the early socialist movement in Britain. John Lesslie Hall (March 2, 1856 - February 23, 1928), also known as J. Lesslie Hall, was an American literary scholar and poet known for his translation of Beowulf. He taught English history and literature at the College of William and Mary from 1888 to 1928 and was one of the original members of the faculty which reopened the college in 1888. Arthur Gilchrist Brodeur (1888-1971) was a scholar of early English, German, and Old Norse literature at the University of California, Berkeley. He was known primarily for his scholarly work on Beowulf and his translation of Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda for The American-Scandinavian Foundation, but also as a writer of pulp fiction and for his left-wing politics.
- Author(s)Anonymous,Snorri Sturluson,William Morris
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight483 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.