All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- Description'Follow me as you enter my world, the world of a bird, the world of a Horned Lark.' Sage is a pretty little Horned Lark. She has a beautiful array of feathers and sings like only a songbird can. In Sage: A Lark's Story, you will learn all about this magnificent bird, her life, her mate, and her family. Author Zoe Griffin, a nine-year-old girl who frequently spots birds like Sage in her backyard in rural Wyoming, shares these facts and more in her entertaining book about one pretty little bird. Told from the perspective of Sage, the Horned Lark, the book offers a delightful bird's eye view of the Horned Lark, including her appearance, family, habits, survival, and more. The book also features fun, educational experiments to do at home that will teach you even more about what makes a Horned Lark such a special bird. First, you'll learn how to find out its weight, and they you'll discover how to make a model Horned Lark egg. Readers eight-years-old and up who are interested in birds or any form of wildlife will discover a great deal about this extraordinary bird, from her blend of plumage colors to her beloved babies. Not only does this easy-to-read book provide vivid descriptions of one species, it serves as a useful introduction to the fascinating world of birds. With Sage's inviting, informative approach, Sage: A Lark's Story is sure to make any animal lover even more curious about the world of a bird, and launch a lifelong passion for learning all about them.
- Author BiographyAuthor Zoe Griffin is a nine-year-old girl who was born and raised in rural Wyoming. She has been in love with birds since the age of three, when she caught a sparrow in her yard. Since then, she has been passionate about sharing her love of birds and teaching her friends and family all about them. One of her favorite spots in which to go birding is in her backyard. Since her home is surrounded by a great bird habitat, she can easily hike with her camera and photograph the birds. In addition to her love of birds, Zoe enjoys swimming and skiing.
- Author(s)Zoe Griffin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.