All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew in Chicago sports history have been as beloved on both the North and South Sides of the baseball-crazy city as Steve Stone--a privilege that made small contribution to the incredible stories shared in this fun baseball exploration led by the man himself. Part anecdote and part analysis, the book shares the unique slant of the American League Cy Young Award-winning pitcher and fan-favorite broadcaster on the game that has been his passion for nearly five decades. He starts by analyzing the game position by position; illustrating his points with personal experiences and the players he has either played with or covered. What he hasn't seen, his broadcast partner of 15 years, Harry Caray, probably had, and he shares plenty of funny stories about their years together in the booth as well. Finally he takes a serious look at how the game has changed and what the future holds for America's pastime.
- Author BiographySteve Stone is a former Major League Baseball pitcher whose 14-year playing career includes the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox as well as the Baltimore Orioles--with whom he pitched in the 1979 World Series and won the 1980 Cy Young Award for the American League. He is also a former broadcaster of 20 years with the Chicago Cubs, and a current color commentator for the Chicago White Sox. He has been awarded three Emmys. He lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Steve Stone
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Weight318 g
- Width130 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.