All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionSail South Till the Butter Melts is a piece of adventure n fiction by Geoff Stewart. The main theme relates to a solo Atlantic crossing in an open boat, however there is also biographical and human interest content. While the voyage took place in 1973 the book was published in 2004. The book briefly covers the early life of the author and the voyage down the French canals and along the Mediterranean coast of France and Spain to Gibraltar. The 21 day voyage to the Canary Islands and the 59 day crossing of the Atlantic come next. There is some romantic poetry dedicated to Kerstin the Swedish muse of the author. Through this life I wander, Watching all the time, Checking with my inmost self, Should this one be mine. The final section talks about life after sailing and the desire to go again.
- Author BiographyGeoff Stewart grew up in Melbourne Australia, worked in the computer business and management consulting and was president of the Victorian Branch of the Australian Computer Society. Abandoned the career to go sailing for two years, crossing the Atlantic in an open boat and returning to UK as second officer on the barquentine Regina Maris. In London led the introduction of mini computers into banks. Returned to Australia to found his own systems company. Currently lecturing in Strategy.
- Author(s)Geoff Stewart
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication06/02/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.