All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow-to guidance for retiring on a boat-for aging captains and landlubbers If you want an alternative to retiring to a condo in Florida or a gated community in Tucson, Sailing into Retirement is your adventurous answer to living out your golden years on the water. If you have limited boating experience or need to adapt your boating skills to your aging body, this how-to guide helps you overcome your fears and pursue your fantasies of living on a boat. The author's been-there-done-that advice specifically addresses old-age cruising, including techniques to simplify dealing with modern electronics, using mechanical advantage to compensate for the reduced physical strength and agility inherent with aging, and ways to mitigate the effects of age-impaired hearing and eyesight.
- Author BiographyJim Trefethen (New Zealand) is in his 70s and still cruises with his wife Susan. He is the author of The Cruising Life, Woodenboat Renovation, and Inflatable Boats.
- Author(s)Jim Trefethen
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight430 g
- Width147 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.