Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $106.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSailing on the Edge is a comprehensive, behind-the-scenes look at the race that has inspired sports enthusiasts and nations alike for more than 150 years. This ultimate treasury of the America s Cup explores the sport s rich history, tracing its evolution to becoming the most riveting race on the water with the most coveted prize. Recent advancements in techlogy and design have revolutionized the sport like never before, making the 2013 34th America s Cup the most thrilling race to date. The 34th America s Cup brings the international competition back to the United States for the first time in eighteen years, and the stunning San Francisco Bay provides the backdrop the two final stages. Two new classes of boats will debutthe AC45 catamarans and the AC72s, both more powerful and more demanding, resulting in an evermore-spectacular competition. Sailing on the Edge covers it all, from the science behind the shipbuilding to the artistry and strength of the skippers and their teams.
- Author BiographyBob Fisher is a world-renowned sailing journalist, correspondent for the Guardian and Observer, and author of several books, including a two-volume history of the America s Cup, An Absorbing Interest. He lives in Lymington, England. Kimball Livingston has been covering sailing in the Bay Area since the 1970s. Editor-at-large for Sail Magazine and author of Sailing the Bay, Livingston has established himself as the voice for San Francisco s sailing culture. He lives in San Francisco, California. Roger Vaughan has been covering the America s Cup since the 1960s, publishing features in Life, Sail Magazine, Sailing World, and The Yacht. He is also the author of several books, including America s Cup XXVII, The Official Record. He lives in Oxford, Maryland. Photos by an internationally renowned team of photographers edited by Sharon Green. For over three decades Green has captured the excitement and beauty of sailboat racing with unmistakable style. Her photos are a sublime exercise in color and light, resulting in compositions more analogous to art than sports photography. Widely known for her spectacular Ultimate Sailing calendars, Sharon is putting her fine photos and discerning eye to work on her forthcoming book, 30 Years of Ultimate Sailing.
- Author(s)Bob Fisher
- PublisherInsight Editions
- Date of Publication29/07/2013
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInsight Editions
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1996 g
- Width235 mm
- Height324 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.