All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow available in paperback, Robert F. Cross' Sailor in the White House remains one of the most interesting and intimate books about Franklin D. Roosevelt. Secret Service agents, family, and old sailing pals share stories about their days on the water with America's greatest seafaring president. The author argues that the skills required to be a good sailor are the same skills that made FDR a successful politician: the ability to alter courses, make compromises, and shift positions as the situation warrants. This perspective on Roosevelt shows how his love of the sea shaped his presidency, and its unique look remains refreshing even today.
- Author BiographyRobert F. Cross is a trustee of the USS Slater, the last destroyer escort still afloat in the United States. He previously served as commissioner of the Port of Albany in New York and water commissioner for the City of Albany. He is also the author of Shepherds of the Sea.
- Author(s)Robert F. Cross
- PublisherNaval Institute Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationAnnopolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNaval Institute Press
- Content Note27 black & white photographs
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.