All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis graphic vel will illustrate the life of St. Nicholas from his beginnings as a young priest in Asia Mir in the late 3rd Century until just before his death in the mid 4th Century. As with St. Francis and Brother Duck this story needed a set up character for which the wisdom and early Christian teachings as shown in Nicholas' life can be revealed through dialogue. This secondary protagonist is a Greek-attired mouse named Cicero who is dressed to look like a little philosopher. His personality follows this image as well as his name as this philosophical critter questions much of Nicholas' Christian acts until the mouse's conversion late in the story. Unlike the childlike personality of Br. Duck, the n-Christian Cicero will have an educated intelligence and wit that will act in playful fashion when placed against Nicholas' gifted wisdom.
- Author BiographyFrom an early age, James Stoeckl was an aspiring cartoonist. After traveling to Assisi, he was inspired by the life of St. Francis and professed as a Secular Franciscan. He has a master's degree in teaching and has taught elementary and middle school for eleven years. Jay lives in southwestern Colorado with his wife and family. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Jay Stoeckl
- PublisherParaclete Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationOrleans
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParaclete Press
- Content Notechiefly illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width168 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.