All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDescribing the environment into which Saul was born, his education, his conversion before Damascus and his subsequent journeys, Bock's study gives a spiritual dimension to Paul's background, providing a deeper understanding of this great Christian figure and his teaching. Above all he shows that Paul was the apostle who carried Christianity beyond the Jewish communities to humanity at large. As a zealous Jew, Paul was convinced he was serving the coming Messiah in his persecution of the followers of Jesus. When the light suddenly came to him before Damascus, his innermost being was opened. Paul shows that the time of the Law of Moses had run its course and conscience as 'inner jurisdiction' was w to replace the rules and laws imposed from without.
- Author BiographyEmil Bock (1895-1959) was one of the founders of the Christian Community in 1922, and led the movement from 1938 until his death.
- Author(s)Emil Bock
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication24/11/2005
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Weight670 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Translated byMaria St.Goar
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.