All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeg Dods, a sentimental virago, keeps a rundown inn in a derelict Tweedale village, while the young Laird is living way beyond his means. When a nearby spring becomes a Spa, life changes as a hotel and a troop of social climbers move in. But this is t a tale of antique virtue giving way to decadent ostentation: although the gang at the 'Well' dance the seven deadly sins, everyone in the book has feet of clay.
- Author BiographyMark Weinstein is Professor of English Literature at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Author(s)Sir Walter Scott
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication11/07/1995
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleEdinburgh Edition of the Waverley Novels
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 16
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byMark Weinstein
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.