All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSALADS is the first book in the series - Annie's Elegant, Delicious Cooking... I wrote this series of books to help people who enjoy cooking and entertaining to prepare visually appealing and mouthwateringly delicious dishes in their own kitchens from food and produce available in an average American supermarket. All of the recipes in this series are those I use everyday for my family and guests. While my formal culinary training is based on French and Asian cooking, the focus of SALADS, and the other books in this series is Contemporary American Cooking: dishes that combine the flavors, textures and appearances of a variety of regional and national cuisines, but use familiar, locally available ingredients... Around the world, salads appear on the table in varying combinations and at different times of the meal. In American restaurants and homes, salads are often the starting course for a dinner, but in French, Italian and other European cuisines, salads often appear towards the middle or end of a dinner service. Some of the salads in this volume are intended as lunch or dinner main courses; with others, the addition of sliced chicken, shrimp or meats can transform a basic salad into an easy to prepare, hearty meal... A salad bowl is the perfect canvas for experimentation and creativity. Once you've mastered the basics, try personalizing my salads with your favorite garnishes or additions. Have fun with these elegant, delicious salads.
- Author BiographyAnnie Simensen has spent much of her life in kitchens, kitchens in the homes and apartments around the world she's shared with her husband and daughter, and as a student and teacher in culinary schools where she's honed her culinary technique with some of the top European and Asian instructors and chiefs. She is an honors graduate of Le Cordon Bleu in London and studied under the celebrated Japanese cooking instructor and TV personality, Kiyoko Konishi, where Annie assisted Konishi-san on her weekly TV show. Annie also founded and ran The Singapore Cooking School.
- Author(s)Annie Simensen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.98
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.66
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $27.26
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.23
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.