All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionJ. D. Salinger was one of the twentieth century's greatest writers. He was also one of its most elusive. After making his mark on the American literary scene with the classic Bildungsroman The Catcher in the Rye, Salinger retreated to a small town in New Hampshire, where he hoped to hide his life away from the world. With dogged determination, however, journalist and biographer Paul Alexander captured Salinger's story in this, the only complete biography of Holden Caulfield's creator published to date. Using the archives at Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Columbia, NYU and the New York Public Library as well as research in New York and New Hampshire, Alexander has created a great biography of Salinger that's further enriched by interviews with some of the greatest literary figures of our time: George Plimpton, Gay Talese, Ian Hamilton, Harold Bloom, Roger Angell, A. Scott Berg, Robert Giroux, Ved Mehta, Gordon Lish and Tom Wolfe. This comprehensive biography of J. D. Salinger was the inspiration for the major Hollywood film Salinger, directed by Shane Saler and produced by The Weinstein Company, the producers of blockbuster films including The Iron Lady and Silver Linings Playbook.
- Author BiographyPaul Alexander holds an MFA from the Writers' Workshop at the University of Iowa. He is the author of biographies of Sylvia Plath, James Dean, and Andy Warhol. A former reporter for Time, Alexander has written articles for the New York Times Magazine, Rolling Stone, and the Guardian. He is a member of the Authors Guild and PEN American Centre. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Paul Alexander
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight253 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.