All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSalmagundi is a 17th-century English word deting a salad dish comprising, well, everything. The nearest modern equivalent is Fiambre, a Guatemalan salad containing in excess of twenty ingredients. This comprehensive new book from acclaimed author Sally Butcher looks at salad bowls across the world in 150 recipes. The recipes feature a number of archaic, traditional and staple dishes - and a whole lot of funky new stuff as well. Divided into fourteen chapters (Herbs and Leaves; Vegetables; Beans; Roots; Grains and Pasta, Rice, Cheese, Fish, Meat, Dips, Fruity Salads, Salads for Pudding, The Dressing Room, The Prop Cupboard), stone is left unturned in pursuit of the ultimate salad recipe. Recipes are flagged where relevant with tags such as 'super-healthy' or 'skinny-minny' or 'main course' to make it more user-friendly. Seasoned with Sally's trademark mixture of folklore and anecdotes, and with photography from rewned food photographer Yuki Sugiura, this is an essential update for the foodie bookshelf.
- Author BiographySally Butcher is the fiery-haired proprietress of the notable Persian food store Persepolis in Peckham, London, which she runs with her Persian husband, Jamshid. She is also a prolific author and blogger, who has amassed a devoted online following for her food-, shop- and Peckham-related musings. The foodie delights of the Middle East are her specialist subject, but she has been known to venture far and wide for inspiration. Her first book, Persia in Peckham, was published to critical acclaim and short-listed for the 2008 Andre Simon Award. It was also selected by the Sunday Times as their cookery book of the year. Her following tomes, Veggiestan and Snackistan, published by Pavilion, have also received critical acclaim.
- Author(s)Sally Butcher
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content NoteOver 100 colour photographs
- Width197 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $33.30
- AU $31.04Trending at AU $32.01
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $26.32Trending at AU $28.88
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $26.20Trending at AU $47.59
- AU $16.23Trending at AU $20.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.