Salt & Silver: Travel, Surf, Cook by Johannes Riffelmacher, Thomas Kosikowski (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.31Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSalt & Silver traces the journey of Johannes Riffelmacher and Thomas Kosikowski as they travel through Central- and South America-reporting on all the best surfing locations, chronicling the stories of local surfers and restaurant owners, and compiling recipes representative of each area. The narrative begins in Cuba with beautiful images of the city and the beaches, as well as stories related to the Cuban surfing community and a discussion of popular Cuban dishes.The Mexican leg of the journey draws to a conclusion with 7-meter-waves, BBQ, and Tajine in Rio Nexpa, as well as a perfect righthander barreling of a point in the scenic La Ticla. After Mexico comes a long list of sites and sounds as the two men makes their way through Nicaragua, Cost Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Peru, and finally Chile, exploring the beaches as well as the kitchens of each location.
- Author BiographyJohannes Riffelmacher Johannes was born on June 11, 1986 in Eichstatt, Bavaria. There he attended high school at the Gabrieli-Gymnasium and graduated in 2005. He first discovered a passion for cooking as a young child in his parents kitchen, where he learned the basics of various culinary cultures from two adept amateur chefs. Besides cooking, his second greatest passion is surfing. Since his early youth he has spent every available week traveling to various surf spots around the world. After graduating from high school, he studied at the Akademie U5 school of graphic and communication design in Munich and completed his degree in the summer of 2008. He then set off on a world tour equipped with surfboard, backpack, and cooking knives. After seven inspirational months in Canada, the U.S., New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, and Hong Kong, he returned to Germany in March 2009. In June 2009 he began an internship in graphic design at the renowned Matt/Alster advertising agency, where he eventually reached the level of Senior Art Director. While at Jung von Matt, he received numerous national and international creativity awards and developed ad campaigns for brands such as Mercedes Benz, MTV, and Ricola. After four and a half years, he left Jung von Matt to work on the travel, cooking, and surfing project Salt & Silver together with photographer-cameraman Thomas Kosikowski. Thomas Kosikowski Thomas Kosikowski was born in 1988. He's been interested in photography since childhood, thanks in part to his father's influence, and has been working as a freelance photographer ever since he finished school. His main influences have come from skateboarding, rap, and graffiti, all of which have shaped his style. Thomas gradually became interested in moving images, which led him to study cinematography in Hamburg. As an intern at the Mamma Team promotional film production house in Barcelona, he acquired the discipline and conscientiousness necessary for succeeding in the business - and it was also one of the best times in his life. His love of cooking also originated in his youth and has been developing ever since. For many years, Thomas and Johannes have been cooking together for friends, family, friends of friends, and anyone else who wants a taste. Their desire to work together on a project that included both cooking and travel and that drew on the specific talents of both friends finally led to the Salt & Silver project, which for Thomas is dream come true.
- Author(s)Johannes Riffelmacher,Thomas Kosikowski
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationKansas City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1428 g
- Width210 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.33Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.