All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times Bestseller! Masterly crafted The Wall Street Journal For readers ofBetween Shades of Grayand All the Light We Cant See, bestselling author Ruta Sepetysreturns to WWII in this epic vel thatshines a light on one of the war's most devastating yet unkwn tragedies.World War II is drawing to a close in East Prussia and thousands of refugees are on a desperate trek toward freedom, many with something to hide.Among them areJoana, Emilia, and Florian, whose paths converge en route to theship that promises salvation, the Wilhelm Gustloff. Forced by circumstance to unite, the three find their strength, courage, and trust in each other testedwith each step closer to safety. Just when it seems freedom is within their grasp, tragedy strikes. Notcountry, r culture, r status matter as all ten thousand people adults and children alike aboard must fight for the same thing: survival. Told in alternating points of view and perfect for fans of Anthony Doerr's Pulitzer Prize-winningAll the Light We Cant See, Erik Larson'sDead Wake, and Elizabeth Wein's Printz Hor BookCode Name Verity, this masterful work of historical fiction is inspired by the real-life tragedy that was the sinking of theWilhelm Gustloffthe greatest maritime disaster in history. As she did inBetween Shades of Gray, Ruta Sepetys unearths a shockingly little-kwn casualty of a gruesome war, and proves that humanity and love can prevail, even in the darkest of hours.Praise forSalt to the SeaFeatured on NPR's Morning Edition Superlative masterfully crafted [a] powerful work of historical fiction. The Wall Street Journal [Sepetys is] a master of YA fiction she once again anchors a paramic view of epic tragedy in perspectives that feel deeply textured and immediate. Entertainment Weekly Riveting...powerful...haunting. The Washington Post Compelling for both adult and teenage readers. New York Times Book Review Intimate, extraordinary, artfully crafted brilliant. Shelf Awareness Historical fiction at its very, very best. The Globe and Mail [H]aunting, heartbreaking, hopeful and altogether gorgeous one of the best young-adult vels to appear in a very long time. Salt Lake Tribune * This haunting gem of a vel begs to be remembered. Booklist* Artfully told and sensitively crafted...will leave readers weeping. School Library JournalPraise for Between Shades of GrayA New York TimesNotable Book AWall Street JournalBest Children s Book APublishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Booklist, and KirkusBest Book iTunes 2011 Rewind Best Teen Novel A Carnegie Medal andWilliam C. Morris Finalist ANew York Timesand InternationalBestseller Few books are beautifully written, fewer still are important; this vel is both. The Washington Post * [A]n important book that deserves the widest possible readership. Booklist
- Author BiographyRuta Sepetys (www.rutasepetys.com) was born and raised in Michigan in a family of artists, readers, and music lovers. She is the award-winning, bestselling author of Between Shades of Gray and Out of the Easy. Ruta lives with her family in Nashville, Tennessee. Follow her on Twitter at @RutaSepetys.
- Author(s)Ruta Sepetys
- PublisherPhilomel Books
- Date of Publication02/02/2016
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPhilomel Books
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.