All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $10.15Free postage
- AU $11.71Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionIn the conservative 1980s, the collapse of the mining industry in Newfoundland caused devastating upheaval for thousands of Maritimers, who lost their independence, community, and homes as joblessness forced them to uproot and start anew. Jack and Angela McCarthy, after years of prosperity in the mining town where their families had lived for generations, find themselves among the Saltwater Cowboys -- Newfoundland transplants to gold mines of Alberta. Arriving in the town of Foxville, the McCarthys find themselves resented, bullied and taken advantage of, along with their fellow Newfoundlanders. But when Jack's best friend, Peter, is swindled out of his savings and decides to get even by stealing from the mine, he sets a heist in motion that throws both families back into chaos. Based on the true story of the of the Hemlo Gold mining heist of 1988, this vel tells of the trauma of displacement and the enduring strength of family.
- Author BiographyDayle Furlong studied literature at York University and attended the Humber School for Writers. Her critically acclaimed poetry and fiction have appeared in numerous journals. She works as a literary publicist and is a member of an all-women's writing salon in Toronto. She lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Dayle Furlong
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight352 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.