Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionOrla Tinsley is well kwn as a campaigner for the rights of people with Cystic Fibrosis in Ireland. In her memoir, she takes us on a journey into the inner world of a child whose home from home was hospital, yet who from an early age refused to allow her illness to define her. It is also a story about coming of age in today's Ireland, as Orla takes us through school, college and the pursuit of a dream to become a writer. She describes how her love of poetry and drama sustained her through difficult times, and how writing in her journal was often a lifeline. She also tells of coming to terms with the loss of young friends through CF, and her at times maverick fight to improve an under-par health system that, for those with CF, delivers a lesser life expectancy in Ireland than anywhere else in Europe. Orla's family instilled in her a mind-over-matter philosophy from an early age: if you can't do something one way, keep trying until you find ather. Salty Baby reveals the path of a young woman kwn for her fighting spirit: deeply personal, at times shocking, always honest, and ultimately hopeful.
- Author BiographyOrla Tinsley is a native of Kildare and now lives in Dublin. She is a journalist with The Irish Times.
- Author(s)Orla Tinsley
- PublisherHodder Headline Ireland
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationCastleknock
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintHachette Books Ireland
- Weight510 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.