Salty Sweets: Delectable Desserts and Tempting Treats with a Sublime Kiss of Salt by Christie Matheson (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.49+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo opposites really attract? In the case of salty and sweet, you bet they do! Like peanut butter and jelly - itself a classic salty-sweet duo - these tastes were made for each other. Salt helps balance and heighten sweets, transforming ordinary candies into truly special confections. It brings out the complexities of chocolate, highlights the subtleties of fruit, makes nuts really pop, and turns caramel and butterscotch into pure ambrosia. The salty-sweet combination has swept the nation, with chefs, candy makes, and retailers all offering tantalizing sweets complemented with salt. Salty Sweets is the first cookbook to bring the phemen home. Christie Matheson offers 75 delectable ways to enjoy this tasty twosome, proving along the way that salty sweets are t the sole province of fancy chefs and trendy chocolatiers. Salty sweets don't have to be complicated to taste good, she writes, and the scrumptious but simple recipes bear her out. Seven recipe chapters cover every sort of treat, from little bites to cookies, bars, cakes, puddings, fruit desserts, and even ice creams. You can make your own version of those salted caramels found in upscale boutiques, along with such sophisticated fare as Maple Creme Brulee, Lavender Fleur du Sel Shortbread, Fig and Ricotta Pizza, and Nantucket Sea Salt Ice Cream. Or how about the honey goodness of Old-Fashioned Kettle Corn and Decadent Hot Cocoa? And who could resist Dark Chocolate-Covered Pretzels, Butterscotch Brownies, Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting, or Caramel-Fudge Sauce. Tempting color photos will send you straight to the kitchen to try these yourself. An introductory chapter outlines the basics - equipment, ingredients, and techniques - of successful sweet making. You'll learn all you need to kw about salts - from fleur du sel to Maldon to Hawaiian pink to smoked and more. Each has its own distinctive flavor and texture, and Matheson encourages readers to sample the wealth of exotic and rare salts available today. Celebrate the happy marriage of sweet and salt with these irresistible creations. It's a match made in dessert heaven!
- Author(s)Christie Matheson
- PublisherHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight674 g
- Width247 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.