All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLos Angeles-based artist Sam Falls' (born 1984) newest publication, Plein Air, documents a year the artist spent outdoors making his large-scale pigment-on-canvas paintings in four separate locations around the world: Hartland, Vermont; Venice, California; Hudson, New York; and Sarvisalo, Finland. Nature has always been a principle theme in Falls' work and the splendor and unpredictability with which the seasons change is transferred directly onto his canvas through the use of saturated pigments and the natural elements. The resulting paintings are lush, familiar silhouettes of ferns, flowers and the boughs of native trees. Four concise texts--naturalist and analytical in turn--by Hammer Museum curator Aram Moshayedi accompany each location and body of work.
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1089 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.