All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCooking runs in the Leong family. Sam s late father was a rewned Cantonese chef and his mother used to run her own chicken rice stall. His wife, Forest is herself a Thai chef and his son, Joe Leong, is a budding pastry chef. Sam Leong: A Family Cookbook is as much a celebration of food that has kept the Leong family cooking together, as a collection of Chinese family favourites. Put together by Sam and his family, this treasury features recipes for time-tested dishes such as stir-fried chicken with basil leaves, everyday staples such as winter melon soup, and contemporary favourites such as salted egg crab, which Sam himself enjoys preparing and eating together with his family. Bonus recipes include sweet treats such as tiramisu and vanilla panna cotta, which would t be out of place on any modern Chinese table today. Whether you ll be cooking for or with your family, these dishes will bring you together as you make them a part of your family s dining repertoire for years to come.
- Author BiographyMultiple award-winning Chef Sam Leong is best known as the forerunner of modern Chinese cuisine in Singapore. He started his career training under his father, a chef renowned for his shark s fin dishes, then proceeded to work at the Hilton Kuching and Novotel in Bangkok before becoming the executive chef of Jiang Nan Chun at the Four Seasons Hotel in Singapore when he was just 28. He joined the Tung Lok Group thereafter as director of kitchens and corporate chef at Jade restaurant at the Fullerton Hotel and My Humble House at The Esplanade where he created many signature dishes that continue to be synonymous with his name today. Sam currently helms the kitchen at Forest, the highly-acclaimed celebrity chef restaurant at Resorts World Sentosa.
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Weight522 g
- Width208 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.