All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Sam: The Pirooter Reading and writing, Dogberry says, come by nature; but hotel keeping is an infliction of the Evil One, the price of which is eternal vigilance and occasional incursions into the very suburbs of profanity. This is, however, as the Irishman says, sub rosa and above board. If my effort should present to your practiced ears what the boys call chestnuts, consider the old proverbs and be wise: There is thing new under the sun, and You should never look a gift chestnut in the wormhole. In considering a subject, I have wondered if we haven't, for a moment at least, sufficiently familiarized ourselves with the more ponderous and famous events and men of the great war. Are there t vast numbers prone, and prompt, and eloquent to write, or sing, or talk of Sherman's triumphant march to the sea? - Of Sheridan's dashing ride to glory? - And the imperishable hors of that silent hero who was above all men - Patient in toil, Serene amidst alarms, Inflexible in faith, Invincible in arms! - the beloved and lamented Grant? About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Dan MacAuley
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.