All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Yorker magazine named Matt Klam one of the twenty best young writers in America, and the seven stories that comprise Sam the Cat are all the proof we need. Kwing, perceptive, and wickedly funny, Matt Klam loves his characters but spares them thing: the swaggering womanizer Sam falls in love with a woman across a crowded room who, upon closer inspection, turns out to be t quite what he expected; a self-doubting young professional attends the posh wedding of his successful friend and delivers a disastrous toast; the chicken one man's girlfriend is preparing for dinner comes to embody the darkly corrosive element in their relationship. These stories crackle with humor, intelligence and style and add up to an outrageously funny, unforgettable debut.
- Author BiographyMatthew Klam lives in Washington, D.C., with his wife. In 1999 he was named one of the twenty best young fiction writers in America by The New Yorker. He is an O. Henry Award winner. His nonfiction has been featured in such places as Harper's and The New York Times Magazine. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Matthew Klam
- Date of Publication29/05/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleVintage Contemporaries
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight195 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.