All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSamantha Piggleton of Pickwick Lane is just like your average six-year-old girl. She loves to play with her dolls, have tea parties and play dress-ups. Samantha did, however, have a dark secret... an unpleasant habit... something that would cause a shiver down the spine of anyone who would catch a glimpse of her doing it... Samantha liked to pick her se. Not just pick it; she would dig deep, rummage around and explore. What Samantha did t realise was that under her finger nails hid ather dark, unpleasant secret. This book will help children overcome the urge to pick their se and introduces the concept of personal hygiene. This story is told as a metaphor to read aloud to children and enjoy together. The vibrant illustrations and use of language draws children in to be part of the adventure, gently guiding them alongside the characters to get the message on a more personal level for them, to make their own meanings and take control of their own life situation - in their own way.
- Author BiographyBorn in London, Dave is the author of 23 books related to problem solving, performance and learning. Dave Diggle is a veteran of the sporting arena with over 30 years competitive and hands on experience. After representing Great Britain as both a Junior and Senior International Gymnast, Dave channelled his passion into teaching and writing. With a background as an elite performance coach, he has turned his attention to the psychological battles both parents and children face today. With international qualifications in Psychology, Neuro Linguistic Programming and cognitive and behavioural science, Dave is now dedicated to the development and education of our children, teachers, coaches and parents. Through his books, Dave offers a truly refreshing perspective as he redefines the meaning of effective communication, and offers a creative approach to how we can deal with the challenges of everyday life - to live with a peaceful mind and empowered spirit. Dave now lives in Sydney as a coach, trainer and educator, and regularly talks to young audiences.
- Author(s)David Mark Diggle
- PublisherDiggle De Doo Productions
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCronulla, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintDiggle De Doo Productions
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.