All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew first collections in recent years have made the impact of Kate Clanchy's award-winning Slattern, which gained her a reputation as a poet of great immediacy and wit. In this new book her range is extended dramatically. Samarkand is both a darker and a more sunlit collection than its predecessor. Inside, the reader will find surreal elegies; love poems of every humour; grim episodes from colonial history and meditations on home and distance as well as some practical advice on having sex with angels -- all delivered with the effortless musicality of phrase and formal panache that are fast becoming Clanchy's trademarks.
- PrizesShortlisted for Forward Poetry Prize: Best Collection 1999 and Forward Poetry Prize 1999.
- Author(s)Kate Clanchy
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/07/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight100 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Age18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.