About this product
- DescriptionThis reassuring picture book introduces children to same-sex parenting. It shows that all parents love, care and support their children in the same way. Young children learn to respect people's differences and treat all types of families fairly and without discrimination. Notes for parents and teachers at the back of the book provide valuable advice for how to share this book with your child or class. Written by a trained psychotherapist, journalist and parent, and illustrated by an experienced children's book artist, this is part of an acclaimed and successful series of picture-book n-fiction for Early Years. Books in the series give advice and promote interaction between children, parents, and teachers on a wide variety of personal, social and emotional issues. They are excellent tools for teachers to use during classroom discussions.
- Author BiographyPat Thomas is a trained psychotherapist, trainee Naturopath, journalist and mother. After working as a journalist and broadcaster in the USA, she now works in the field of women's health and child development and writes for publications such as The Guardian Company Magazine and Practical Parenting as well as contributing editor to Natural Parent Magazine. Her book 'MY Bees: My Family's Changing' was the winner of The English 4-11 Awards.
- Author(s)Pat Thomas
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleA First Look at...
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NoteFull-colour illustrations
- Weight138 g
- Width209 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lesley Harker
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.