All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionJODI is young, naive and looking for an adventure.Recently single, she follows her friend on a round the world trip for some guaranteed good times. But just a few weeks in, on the beautiful islands of Western Samoa, Jodi is ditched by her pal and left to fend for herself. Before Jodi has time to jump on the first flight home, she quickly meets new friends who show her just what traveling is all about - having fun! GWYN is a grey haired, grey bearded, 60 year old Welsh man who seems to pop up at every turn along Jodi's journey. Gwyn causes some suspicion amongst the other travellers, and when those suspicions turn into reality, naive Jodi discovers that her chance meetings with Gwyn are accident. The adventure that follows finds Jodi getting quickly entangled in a family's life of love, sadness and crime. But what she also finds along the way are friends, romance and most importantly, strength. Set on the stunning islands of Western Samoa where the nightly sunsets cover the world with a warm red glow, Jodi discovers that even in the most beautiful of places, bad things can happen.
- Author BiographyClaire is 39 and lives in Birmingham with her husband Andrew. She is a Marketing and Communications Manager at the University of Birmingham. Claire has always enjoyed reading and writing fiction from a young age, writing her first short book when she was just 11 years old. At work, her job involves being creative with information, writing for the website, promotional literature, advertisements and has been the editor of a magazine. Claire began her first novel 'Samoan Sun', back in 2007 and completed it in her spare time over the following three years while working full time. Her inspiration came from a 'round the world' backpacking trip 10 years earlier where she visited Samoa as part of the trip. The country stood out like no other as being untouched, peaceful and utterly beautiful, but packed full of adventure too. The memories stayed with her so she decided to get them down on paper. Samoan Sun was finally self published in 2016. In her spare time, as well as writing, Claire enjoys reading fiction, cooking, exercising and until recently volunteered for the Children's Society as a young persons mentor. Claire is also passionate about travelling and takes the opportunity to do so as much as possible, although this is currently on hold as she gave birth to her first child in May 2011, and her second in October 2013.
- Author(s)Claire Sherwood
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.