All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigation techniques and analytical methodologies for addressing microbial contamination indoors Microbial contamination indoors is a significant environmental and occupational health and safety problem. This book provides fundamental background information on fungal and bacterial growth indoors as well as in-depth, practical approaches to analyzing and remedying problems. The information helps investigators, laboratory managers, and environmental health professionals properly use state-of-the-science methods and correctly interpret the results. With chapters by expert microbiologists, mycologists, environmental professionals, and industrial hygienists, Sampling and Analysis of Indoor Microorganisms is a multidisciplinary, comprehensive reference on advanced approaches, covering:* Microbiological problems in a water-damaged environment* Indoor construction techniques and materials that impact environmental microbiology* Microbial ecology indoors, airborne bacteria, genetic-based analytical methods, and statistical tools for microorganism analysis* Microbiological sampling approaches* Mold removal principles and methods, including specialized microbial remediation techniques for HVAC systems, legionellas and biofilms, and sewage contamination* A forensic approach toward the assessment of fungal growth in the indoor environment A must-have guide for practicing professionals, including environmental health and safety personnel, public health officials, and building and construction engineers and architects, this is also a valuable reference for attorneys, home inspectors, water restoration personnel, mold remediation contractors, insurance adjusters, and others.
- Author BiographyCHIN S. YANG, editor, has almost two decades' experience as a consultant and scientist in air quality, industrial hygiene, and environmental health. He is the author of numerous scientific publications and presentations. PATRICIA HEINSOHN, editor, works for MicroBios and is a member of the American Industrial Hygiene Association.
- Author(s)Chin S. Yang,Patricia A. Heinsohn
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2007
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.