All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the Second Edition This book has never had a competitor. It is the only book that takes a broad approach to sampling ...any good personal statistics library should include a copy of this book. Techmetrics Well-written ...an excellent book on an important subject. Highly recommended. Choice An ideal reference for scientific researchers and other professionals who use sampling. Zentralblatt Math Features new developments in the field combined with all aspects of obtaining, interpreting, and using sample data Sampling provides an up-to-date treatment of both classical and modern sampling design and estimation methods, along with sampling methods for rare, clustered, and hard-to-detect populations. This Third Edition retains the general organization of the two previous editions, but incorporates extensive new material sections, exercises, and examples throughout. Inside, readers will find all-new approaches to explain the various techniques in the book; new figures to assist in better visualizing and comprehending underlying concepts such as the different sampling strategies; computing tes for sample selection, calculation of estimates, and simulations; and more. Organized into six sections, the book covers basic sampling, from simple random to unequal probability sampling; the use of auxiliary data with ratio and regression estimation; sufficient data, model, and design in practical sampling; useful designs such as stratified, cluster and systematic, multistage, double and network sampling; detectability methods for elusive populations; spatial sampling; and adaptive sampling designs. Featuring a broad range of topics, Sampling, Third Edition serves as a valuable reference on useful sampling and estimation methods for researchers in various fields of study, including biostatistics, ecology, and the health sciences. The book is also ideal for courses on statistical sampling at the upper-undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Author BiographySteven K. Thompson, PhD, is Shrum Chair in Science and Professor of Statistics at the Simon Fraser University. During his career, he has served on the faculties of the Pennsylvania State University, the University of Auckland, and the University of Alaska. He is also the coauthor of Adaptive Sampling (Wiley).
- Author(s)Steven K. Thompson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight828 g
- Width164 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.